I don’t remember shit about my crash a few weeks ago that broke a tooth and detached a retina. But I do remember the reason we have this 3 day weekend coming up, and we hope you do too.
We’ve been on planes and shit lately, so the updates have sucked and we apologize. Let’s see where we are….hmmmm…yes….right here.
1. Mon/Tue PIR looked like fun. And hey, everyone stayed upright, isn’t that a kick in the pants? Seems like our boys and girls did an ok job of doing the racing, too.
2. Coming up this weekend we have the Bike Tires Direct TT on Monday, to be followed by regular racing Monday night. A great chance to double dip and get the extra workout in.
3. Brianna went down to the Tour of California for Yakima and saw some things and had a few laughs.
4. Soon the Mt. Hood Classic is upon us, and it’s our first year sending Cat 2 squads for both men and women. We’ll also feature some Mens 3 and 4 riders, as well as women’s 4 riders! We’re pretty stoked to see how we stack up in this grueling race.
5. For those of us who are a not hillclimbers (or masochists) there’s a nifty new crit on the line offered by the fine folks over at Hammer Velo, including a single speed crit. Should be pretty cool, and you can see all that info about that race right here. There’s a champion of the universe title on the line, that sounds pretty good to us.
6. We’ll talk more about this in a bit, but have you tried Orbana yet? Pretty good stuff, and free samples are available at PIR on Tuesday nights. Look for the hot chicks with the orange buckets by registration.
Finally, we’re pleased to announce some new ponies in the stable thanks to our longtime sponsor, Mark Duff at Veloforma. Thanks to him, he made it easy for our ladies program to pick up some bikes at a deep discount that will stay in the team and be passed down to other female riders as they come through the Ironclad program, when and if our current ladies move on to greener pastures. Custom paint jobs on a new fleet of F1R framesets are just what the doctor ordered going in to stage racing and crit season. We sure will look good! Thank you Mark! We snapped a bunch of extra pictures of the frame party, and you can see those here.